Nakivo released Backup & Replication 7.1 adding the support for Microsoft Hyper-V Failover Clusters, the technology used to move VMs between nodes in the cluster.
Nakivo supports VMware, Hyper-V, and AWS EC2 environments and offers advanced features that increase VM backup performance, improve reliability, speed up recovery, and help save time and money.
Main Nakivo Backup & Replication features:
- Proper backups – native, agentless, image-based, application-aware VM backup and replication
- Fast backups – forever-incremental backups, LAN-free data transfer, network acceleration
- Small backups – exclusion of SWAP files and partitions, global backup deduplication, variable backup compression
- Guaranteed recovery – instant backup verification with screenshots of test-recovered VMs, backup copy offsite or to the cloud
- Faster recovery – instant recovery of VMs, files, Exchange objects, Active Directory objects, instant disaster recovery with VM replicas.
Support for Microsoft Hyper-V Failover Clusters
Nakivo Backup & Replication 7.1 introduces the supports for Microsoft Hyper-V Failover Clusters. Failover Clusters are used in Hyper-V to improve the efficiency and the availability of the virtual infrastructure starting the VMs in a different cluster node in case of one cluster node failure.
VMs deployed in the cluster can be live moved between nodes manually or through the Microsoft’s System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) without interrupting the service and to balance the load between nodes.
Version 7.1 can now protect a specific VM within the cluster regardless on which cluster node the VM is located.
With the Container Protection feature, an entire Hyper-V Failover Cluster can be added to a backup or replication job assuring the protection of the VMs running in the cluster. When a new VM is deployed in the cluster, automatically the new VM is added to the job.
- Increased timeouts for Hyper-V operations
- Added support of Exchange Log Truncation for Public Folder databases
- EC2 Transporter uses smarter disk naming to improve performance
Nakivo Backup & Replication 7.1 is available as 30-day trial for testing purposes.