Veeam released Patch 1 for Veeam Backup & Replication 8 fixing some bugs and introducing some enhancements.
The patch can be downloaded from this link.
New features and enhancement
Some new features introduced with Patch 1.
- Retention policy for replication jobs is now processed concurrently for multiple VMs in the job reducing the overall job run time.
- Removed the size limit of 63TB for Cloud backup repository.
- Linux support enhancements. Added support for file level recovery from XFS and Btfrs volumes and VMs with more than 10 LVMs. Improved Linux guest file system indexing performance for incremental backup job runs.
- Added experimental support for direct data movers communication when both are running on the same server.
- EMC Data Domain integration. Improved performance for synthetic full backup creation and transformation.
- HP 3PAR StoreServ integration. Remote Copy snapshots are now automatically excluded from rescan, both speeding up the rescan process and reducing storage load.
- NetApp integration. Added support for NetApp Data ONTAP 8.3, HA Pair 7-mode configuration and vFiler DR configuration.
For the complete list please refer to the Release Notes.
Install the patch
The patch is compatible with version 220.127.116.117, 18.104.22.1687 or 22.214.171.1241.
Prior applying the patch, reboot the server to clear any locks on the Veeam services then stop all the Veeam services after the reboot is done.
Run the installer. At the Welcome page click Next to proceed.
Click Install button to start the installation.
The patch is being installed.
When patch has been applied, click Finish to exit the wizard. Reboot the server to apply changes.
Open Veeam Backup & Replication 8 to update product’s components. Click Next to proceed.
Product’s components are being updated.
When the process has been completed, click Finish to exit the wizard.
After upgrading build version will be 126.96.36.1997.
The patch has been applied successfully. Additional information can be found in the Release Notes.