Vembu recently released Vembu BDR Suite 4.0.1 introducing significant enhancements and bug fixes that bring improvements in terms of performance.
A direct upgrade from an older version to Vembu BDR Suite 4.0.1 is supported and requires just few clicks.
What's new in Vembu BDR Suite 4.0.1
This release fix issues reported by customers on previous release Vembu BDR Suite 4.0 and comes with the following enhancements:
- To improve security, Apache and PHP have been upgraded to the latest version.
- Better performance in Quick VM Recovery on VMware environments.
- Backup jobs now run in parallel when configured through BDR Server console (by default 5 parallel backups).
- During Proxy installation is now possible to have progress information.
- In Hyper-V Manager Servers page the rescan option has been added providing the capability to install Vembu Integration Service on the newly added node of the Hyper-V cluster.
- During Live Recovery to Hyper-V host process is now possible to add new Hyper-V hosts or choose existing hosts.
Main features available in Vembu BDR Suite v4.0.1
- Agentless VMBackup - multiple virtual machines can be backed up in few steps.
- Continuous Data Protection - backup is performed every 15 minutes reducing the data loss (RPO) to 15 minutes only.
- Quick VM Recovery - fire up critical virtual machines in a matter of minutes by booting the VMs directly from backup repositories.
- Vembu Universal Explorer - you can perform a granular recover of single items of Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, SQL and Active Directory with no need to restore the entire image.
- Replication - virtual machines can be replicated to to an offsite location with Vembu OffsiteDR and Vembu CloudDR for a quick restore.
Upgrade to Vembu BDR Suite 4.0.1
A direct upgrade from an older version is supported and the configuration is retained during the upgrade process.
Download the installation file and run the wizard. Click Next to continue.
Accept the EULA and click Next.
Click Install to proceed with the upgrade.
Click Yes to continue.
The upgrade is being installed in the system.
Leave options enabled and click Finish to exit the wizard.
Access the Vembu console by inserting the credentials and click Sign in.
Select the ? > About us option and verify the installed version. The upgrade has been completed successfully.
The software provides a lot of features useful for the administrators to keep both virtual (VMware and Hyper-V) and physical Windows servers protected.