Vembu Backup and DR solution provides the protection for all your data across virtual, physical, cloud workloads and SaaS applications.
What's new in Vembu BDR Suite 4.2.0
Features provided in the new version are the following:
Vembu Backup for AWS EC2 instances
In version 4.2.0, AWS EC2 instances can now be protected with agentless backup. You can perform the following operations:
- Backup AWS EC2 instances to other AWS Regions
- Backup AWS EC2 instances to other Public Clouds
- Backup AWS EC2 instances to your Data Center
- Store Secondary Offsite Copy in AWS S3 using Vembu Offsite DR
For additional info check out the dedicated web page Backup and Recovery for Amazon Web Services.
Vembu Backup for Microsoft Office 365
Version 4.2.0 is now able to provide protection to your Office 365 mailboxes:
- Backup mailboxes, contacts, calendars and OneDrive
- Backup entire domain or selected user data
- Restore backup data to same or different user account
Vembu BDR360 Server
Vembu BDR360 Server is a new capability that allows you to have from a single pane of glass the monitoring of backup jobs configured in multiple Vembu BDR Backup Servers and Vembu Offsite DR Servers distributed across multiple locations.
Group Management is now available for all the users.
Backup for VMware and Hyper-V is available in five editions:
- Enterprise - provides all available features with no limitation.
- Enterprise Essentials - offers same capabilities as the Enterprise Edition but it's limited to up to 10 CPU-Sockets or 100 VMs.
- Standard - provides a subset of the functionality of Enterprise Edition backup modules. Full functionality for Windows, File & Application, AWS, Office 365, and G Suite backup modules.
- Standard Essentials - offers same capabilities as the Standard Edition but it's limited to up to 10 CPU-Sockets or 100 VMs.
- Free - provides full Standard Edition capabilities up to 10 VMs for VMware and Hyper-V backup, unlimited full-feature Windows workstation protection and limited capabilities for Windows Server, Office 365 and G Suite protection up to 10 users, AWS EC2 protection up to 10 instances.
Upgrade Vembu BDR suite to version 4.2.0
If a previous version is already installed in your system, the direct upgrade is supported and the procedure takes only few seconds retaining all configurations set.
Download the latest version from Vembu website and run the installer. Click Next to continue.
Accept the EULA and click Next.
Click Install to proceed with the upgrade.
The installer detects an older version is already installed. Click Yes to proceed with the upgrade.
The software is being installed.
Leave options enabled and click Finish.
Enter the correct credentials and click Sign in to access the dashboard.
Checking the Vembu BDR Suite version, the latest release has been installed successfully.
Additional info about Vembu BDR Suite 4.2.0 can be found in the Release Notes.
Vembu BDR Suite 4.2.0 is available to download as 30-day free trial.