Nakivo Backupo & Replication 9.1, currently available in beta version, is the new upcoming version of the popular backup software solution by Nakivo.
The new version provides two main new features that extends the Nakivo capabilities: Backup to Tape and physical Linux Server Backup support.
The product introduces also some improvements especially in the Instant Verification feature to ensure the recoverability of stored backups.
What's new in Nakivo Backup & Replication 9.1
The new version will be release shortly and provides the following new features:
Native Backup to Tape
Added the support for Backup to Tape in order to better manage business data that requires a long retention ensuring an additional layer of protection against malwares.
LTO3 and later tape libraries are supported as well as AWS Virtual Tape Library (VTL).
- Incremental and full backup copy to tape
- End-to-end tape backup/cartridge management
- Policy-based backup copy to tape
- Software and hardware compression
Linux Server Backup
After introducing the support for physical Windows Server Backup, version 9.1 provides the support also for physical Linux Server backup.
- Incremental backup and application-aware
- Instant file and application object recovery
- Physical to virtual conversion allowing to recover VMs to VMware and Hyper-V
- Backup copy to cloud and tape
Nakivo Backup & Replication 9.1 is now able to instantly verify backups and replicas for both VMware and Hyper-V platforms ensuring the integrity of stored data and the recoverability of the backup.
Nakivo Backup & Replication 9.1 provides in addition the following product enhancements:
- Added support for vSphere 6.7 Update 3
- Windows 10 Pro and QNAP QTS 4.4 are now supported
- Standalone replica failback jobs
- VMware VMs can be recovered to original location
- A Transporter can now be assigned to a specific host in a cluster
- Additional Transporter load can be assigned for recovery jobs up to a maximum of 1024 concurrent tasks
Nakivo Backup & Replication 9.1 is available to download as free 30-day trial.