The new VMware Workstation 12 Pro has been released some days ago and introduces new OSs support like Windows 10 and latest Linux distributions as well as the support for DirectX 10 and OpenGL 3.3.
You can now create VMs with up to 16 vCPUs, 8 TB virtual disks, and 64 GB of memory. Up to 2GB of video memory can be allocated to a virtual machine to better support graphics-intensive applications.
HD audio with 7.1 surround sound, USB 3.0, and Bluetooth devices supports latest hardware making it easy to get your new webcam, headset or printer connected in a virtual machine. USB 3.0 is now supported in Windows 7 besides Windows 8 for ultra-fast file transfers.
Full support of Windows 10
- Run Windows 10 as a virtual machine
- Run Windows 10 as a host operating system
- Windows 10 Auto Detect and Easy Install
- Unity support for Windows 10
- Migrate Windows 10 PC to a virtual machine
New guest operating systems support
- Ubuntu 15.04
- Fedora 22
- CentOS 7.1
- RHEL 7.1
- Oracle Linux 7.1
- VMware Project Photon
Advanced graphics support
- DirectX 10
- OpenGL 3.3
Improved vCloud Air Integration
- Power operation on remote virtual machines
- Enhanced user experience
- Performance improvements for suspending and resuming encrypted virtual machines
- Support IPv6 NAT network
- Tear away tabs: you can drag open tabs out of the Workstation Pro window into new or already existing Workstation Pro windows
- Automatically suspend virtual machines upon host shutdown
- Support 4K monitors with high resolution UI
- Support for multiple monitors with different DPI settings
- Echo cancellation for voice and video calls with Microsoft Lync and Skype
- Added USB 3.0 support to Windows 7 virtual machines (with the latest Intel USB driver)
- Improved standard installer
- Added NAT network configuration in Virtual Network Editor on Linux hosts
- Respect left-handed mouse setting on Windows host
VMware Workstation 12 Pro is available to download as 30-day trial.
Check the Release Notes for additions and updates.