Nakivo released the new Nakivo backup & Replication 10.2 providing the support for SharePoint Online and S3 Object Lock.
These new features add an extra layer of security to data backup adding the protection against ransomware attacks or accidental deletions.
What's new in Nakivo 10.2
The new release introduces three main features that extend the Nakivo capabilities in terms of protection and security.
SharePoint Online backup
With the target of protecting Microsoft 365 against accidental data deletion and retention policy gaps, in addition to Exchange Online and OneDrive for Business support, version 10.2 provides the protection also for SharePoint Online.
This new feature allows companies to protect SharePoint Online data as follows:
- Backup SharePoint Online sites and subsites
- Recover document libraries and lists to the original or a different location
- Use the search functionality to locate and recover items quickly for compliance and e-discovery purposes
S3 Object Lock
Nakivo introduced the backup to Amazon S3 in previous version and with this new S3 Object Lock function you can now protect backups data against ransomware making the objects immutable for as long as required using the write-once-read-many (WORM) model. Keep in mind once the retention has been set, it cannot be shortened or disabled.
S3 Object Lock increase the security level allowing the following extra protection:
- Protects backups from overwriting and deletion
- Protect backups against ransomware attack
- Makes objects immutable for as long as you need
Backup to Amazon S3 and S3 Object Lock features bring the following benefits:
- Direct Backup - backups can be sent directly to Amazon S3
- Backup Copy - to be compliant with 3-2-1 backup rule, a copy of your backups can be stored in Amazon S3
- Instant VM Boot - backed up VMs can be booted directly from Amazon S3 for near-instant recovery
- Ransomware Protection - leveraging the S3 Object Lock functionality, backup data are protected against deletion and overwriting
- File Recovery - files and folders granular recovery is supported
- Object Recovery - objects restore supported (Exchange, Active Directory, and SQL Server)
Tenant Resource Allocation
This feature provides an effective means of allocating data protection infrastructure resources to tenants offering more control and flexibility to MSPs and large enterprises.
With Tenant Resource Allocation administrators can perform the following tasks:
- Assigning resources such as hosts, clusters, VMs, backup repositories and transporters to the tenants.
- Implementing role-based access control and grant permissions to tenants to do some data protection activities in the Self-Service Portal.
The new features are available with the following licenses:
- SharePoint Online backup - available with a Backup for Microsoft 365 subscription, it is licensed per user (starts as low as $0.75 per user/month for a three-year subscription) and comes with 24/7 Support.
- S3 Object Lock - is available with perpetual or subscription licenses for Enterprise, Enterprise Essentials and Enterprise Plus editions.
- Tenant Resource Allocation - available in multi-tenant deployments of Nakivo Backup & Replication, it is licensed with a monthly or annual subscription (MSP Pro, MSP
Enterprise and Enterprise Plus editions) for MSPs, whilst for large enterprises it requires a subscription or perpetual licenses in the Enterprise and Enterprise Plus editions.
Nakivo Backup & Replication 10.2 is available to download as 15-day free trial with full access to all Nakivo features (Backup & Replication, Backup for Microsoft Office 365, Amazon S3 Object Lock Support and Tenant Resource Allocation).