Veeam Backup & Replication 8.0 Update 3 has been released introducing new features, enhancements and fixing some bugs. Full support for vSphere 6.0 Update 1
Before applying the Update 3 reboot the server to clear any lock on Veeam services and stop Veeam services after reboot. After installing the update, the first start of Veeam Backup service can take some minutes to apply the required modifications to the database to optimize its performance.
New Features and Enhancements
- support for Windows 10 as guest virtual machines
- support for installation of Veeam Backup & Replication on Windows 10
- support for vSphere 6.0 Update 1
- added ability to convert "VMware Tools not found" job warning to informational event
- support for additional SSH ciphers: aes128-ctr, aes192-ctr, aes256-ctr, aes192-cbc and aes256-cbc
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server
- log truncation is automatically skipped for stopped and unsupported SQL Server instances
- preferred network settings will now also apply to transaction log backup jobs
- support for SQL Servers using non-standard port number
Veeam Explorer for SharePoint
- support for ADFS authentication and UPN credentials.
- proxy appliance will now respond to ping from within Virtual Lab
Install the Update 3
From Veeam website download the Update 3 (login is required).
Before upgrading, reboot the server then stop all Veeam services.
Run the Update 3 installer. Click Next to continue.
Click Install to start the installation.
The Update 3 is being installed.
When the installation has completed, click Finish to exit the Wizard.
Start the Veeam services.
Opening Veeam program, Veeam components need to be upgraded. Click Next to proceed with upgrade.
When the process have been completed, click Finish to close the window.
After applying the Update 3, the build number will be 126.96.36.1994.
Installation of Veeam Backup & Replication Update 3 is now complete. Additional info can be found in the Release Notes.