Veeam released Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4b introducing some enhancements and containing fix for issues reported on Update 4 and Update 4a.
To perform a direct upgrade, make sure your Veeam installation is running version 9.0 Update 2 (build 184.108.40.2065) or later.
What's new on Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4b
In addition to provide fixes for over 100 reported bugs, the Update 4b extends the support for the following areas:
- Windows 10 May 2019 Update and Windows Server version 1903 support as guest VMs, and for the installation of Veeam
- Windows 10 May 2019 Update and Windows Server version 1903 support by the Veeam Agent for Windows 3.0.2
- Linux Kernel version 5.0 support by the updated Veeam Agent for Linux 3.0.2
- Ubuntu 19.04, SLES 15 SP1, RHEL 8 and openSUSE Leap 15.1
- VMware vCloud Director 9.7
- VMware vSphere 6.5 U3 readiness - currently based on pre-release build, when the release will be GA, support will be updated accordingly.
- VMware vSphere 6.7 U3 readiness - currently based on pre-release build, when the release will be GA, support will be updated accordingly.
- Oracle 19c on Linux support for RMAN-based and OCI-based application-aware processing, redo log backup and Veeam Explorer for Oracle in most configurations.
- Oracle 19c on Windows support for RMAN-based and OCI-based application-aware processing, redo log backup and Veeam Explorer for Oracle in basic configurations only.
- Added support for Dell EMC Unity OE version 4.5.
Upgrade to Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4b
Before proceeding with the update, make sure to have an up-to-date Veeam configuration backup.
Download the Update 4b from Veeam website.
- If you have already a running Veeam installation version 9.5 Update 4 or Update 4a, you can use the EXE update package.
- For new installations or upgrades from the previous versions, use the ISO image.
Double click on the setup file to run the upgrade wizard then click Next to proceed.
Enable Update remote components automatically and click Install.
The update is being installed.
When the update process has been completed successfully, click Finish to exit the wizard.
If requested, click Yes to reboot the server.
When you open the Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4b console, remote components are already updated if the option Update remote components automatically was previously enabled, otherwise right click your Proxy Servers and select Upgrade.
When the installation has been completed successfully, your build number will be 220.127.116.1166.
Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4b doesn't require any new job creation or architecture changes for the existing backup infrastucture.
For additional info, check out the Release Notes.