After its release, VMware vSphere 5.5 is ready to be tested. Setup process is covered by this vSphere 5.5 install guide with main steps required to have the environment up and running.
The vSphere 5.5 overall installation process has been split in nine main steps to make things easier to understand showing how to enable new features and manage the new ESXi hosts.
- Part 1 - Install guide introduction
- Part 2 - Install ESXi 5.5
- Part 3 - Install vCenter Single Sign-On
- Part 4 - Install vSphere Web Client
- Part 5 - Install Inventory Service
- Part 6 - Create vCenter database and DSN
- Part 7 - Install vCenter Server
- Part 8 - Create Update Manager database and DSN
- Part 9 - Install Update Manager
New features in VMware vSphere 5.5
VMware vSphere 5.5 introduced new features and improvements including ESXi 5.5 and vCenter 5.5 already well documented in several blog posts. In this post you can find a summary of what’s new.