Nakivo released the beta version of the upcoming Nakivo v10.7 providing the backup to Azure Blob and Teams backup enforcing the backup cloud security with Immutability.
With the new features provided, Nakivo Backup & Replication v10.7 extend the set of available capabilities of the product making Nakivo as one of the top backup software solutions for the organizations.
Licensed per CPU-socket, Nakivo Backup & Replication is a cost-effective solution available in five editions:
- Pro Essentials
- Enterprise Essentials
- Enterprise Plus
What's new in Nakivo v10.7
The upcoming release will allow the administrators to benefit of an extended set of supported cloud object storage increasing the security level by making the backups immutable (AWS S3, Wasabi, Azure Blob).
Backup to Azure Blob
Backups and backup copies can now be sent directly to Microsoft Azure Blob storage containers taking benefit of scalability and cost-effective pricing. Instant full or granular recovery as well as immutability are the supported features for Azure Blob.
Microsoft Teams Backup
Microsoft Teams can now be protected by Nakivo ensuring protection against data loss. You can recover the entire Teams or specific Teams items such as channels, posts, files, and tabs.
Feature introduced in Nakivo Backup & Replication v10, backups and backup copies stored on the Wasabi cloud object storage can now leverage the immutability capability preventing business data loss from accidental deletion, intentional corruption, and encryption by ransomware. You need to have a Wasabi's bucket with Object Locking option enabled.
Native Microsoft 365 Change Tracking
Taking benefit of native Microsoft’s change tracking functionality, incremental backups are now faster for your Microsoft 365 data.
Improvements in the Nakivo's GUI introducing a new overview dashboard that provides at-a-glance real-time overview of your data protection activities. Potential issues can be detected through the available widgets that cover job states, repositories, transporters, monitored items, etc.
Other Nakivo Backup & Replication features
- Fast Deployment - Nakivo can be installed on Windows, Linux, NAS or deployed as a preconfigured VMware virtual appliance or Amazon Machine Image.
- Immutability - immutable repositories are supported in local Linux-based storage or in the cloud (Amazon S3, Wasabi) to meet the 3-2-1 backup strategy.
- Supported Backup Targets - backups can be sent to CIFS/NFS, local storage, offsite, tape or cloud (Amazon S3, Wasabi).
- Instant Recovery - VMs, files and objects can be recovered in a matter of seconds as well as physical backups to virtual environments (P2V).
- Performance - leveraging CBT/RCT/CRT incremental backups are faster and performance are improved with LAN-free data transfer and network acceleration.
- Backup Size - taking benefit of deduplication and compression capabilities, as well as SQL and Exchange logs truncation, backups size is smaller.
- Data Recovery - backups integrity and availability are ensured by Instant backup and replica verification with screenshots of test-recovered VMs.
- Site Recovery - failover, failback for VMs in DR site can be orchestrated simply with one click.
Nakivo backup & Replication v10.7 release is planned for the beginning of September.