Veeam released Backup and Replication 9 Update 1 and includes over 300 enhancements and bug fixes.
Before proceeding with the upgrade, make sure you are running version 188.8.131.522. To check what version you are running, click Help > About from main menu.
Check you are running the correct version.
Several enhancements and bug fixes have been introduced in the Update 1.
- Enhanced extent selection logic for scale-out backup repositories with and without per-VM backup file chains enabled.
- Added reversed incremental backup mode support for storage-level corruption guard and backup file compact and defrag functionality.
- Guest Interaction Proxy selection algorithm has been improved to increase proxy selection performance.
Cloud Connect Replication
- Support for replica seeding.
- Support for replication from backup (except from backup files stored in cloud repositories).
- Improved failover issues reporting.
- Storage fingerprint check can now be disabled using SshFingerprintCheck (DWORD) registry value.
- Datastore based jobs can now be set to not include VMs with mounted ISO residing on the selected datastore.
- To increase the chance of Microsoft VSS processing succeeding, the default VSS snapshot timeout has been doubled to 1200 sec.
- Added support for Oracle ASM on GPT disks.
- Redo log backup for non-ASM deployments is now performed directly from logs directory, without first copying the logs into a temp folder.
- Added ability to skip NOARCHIVELOG mode databases without warnings.
- Added ability to disable Oracle processing without having to disable application-aware processing for the rest of applications running on the same VM.
- Improved reliability of abandoned log backup process termination in cases such as loss of network connectivity or backup repository reboot.
- Improved Veeam Explorer for SQL Server startup and restore initialization time on large backup sets.
- Added support for exporting very large PST files with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange.
- Improved reliability of detecting, erasing, ejecting and exporting tapes.
- Improved GFS candidate restore point selection logic for certain scenarios.
- SureBackup jobs will no longer remove VM snapshot before deleting the temporary VM itself, thus speeding up job completion time.
- SureBackup role descriptions and application test scripts will now be obtained from the backup server, as opposed to the console.
- Improved user interface responsiveness and reduced configuration database SQL Server load in the environments with large amount of backups and replicas.
- Deduplicating storage appliance users will now receive a warning if their backup job or storage appliance settings do not match the recommended settings.
- Console will now auto-update itself when connecting to backup server of higher version.
- Network extensions appliances are now included into the existing remote components auto update process.
Install the Update 1
Reboot the Veeam server before installing the upgrade to clear any locks on the Veeam services and, after reboot, stop all the Veeam jobs and services.
From Veeam website download the Update 1 (you need to be logged in) and run the installer. Click Next to start the installation wizard.
Click Install to proceed with the upgrade.
The upgrade is being installed.
Click Finish to exit the wizard.
Start Veeam Backup and Replication and update the remote components. Click Next to proceed.
Components are being updated.
When all the components have been updated, click Finish to close the window.
After upgrading, the build version will be 184.108.40.2061.
Additional info can be found in the Release Notes.