Iperius released the new Iperius Backup 7.0 introducing some new features such as the Incremental and differential Hyper-V backup and VMware incremental replication.
Compared to other backup solutions, Iperius Backup provides the support also for the free version of ESXi.
What's new in Iperius Backup 7.0
- Incremental and differential Hyper-V backup (RCT) - supported in Windows 10, Server 2016 and Server 2019, Hyper-V backups efficiency and performance have been improved with the Resilient Change Tracking (RCT) and the block-level backup.
- Hyper-V restore - added the compatibility check of the virtual machine with the host.
- ESXi incremental replication - virtual machines can now be replicated also with incremental from host to host with no need to have a vCenter in place. ESXi free edition is also supported.
- Direct disk-to-disk cloning - it is now supported on Iperius Recovery Enviroment.
- Iperius Remote - it's now possible to connect in remote desktop to Iperius Recovery Environment allowing to clone disks and make bare metal restore of an image backup using the Iperius recovery media remotely.
- Exchange Online (Office 365) - backup of Exchange Online has been improved with better performance.
- Iperius Drive Image - NTFS large cluster are now supported (> 64 K).
- SQL Server backup - the backup wizard has been improved allowing the the multi selection of databases as well as the truncation of transaction logs.
- Fixed some bugs
Upgrade Iperius Backup to version 7.0
If a previous version is installed, you just need to run the software installation on the same server to perform the upgrade automatically.
Download Iperius Backup from the Iperius website and run the installer. Select the language to use and click OK.
Click Next to begin the upgrade.
Accept the EULA and click Next.
Leave default destination and click Next.
Click Install to proceed with the upgrade.
The upgrade is being installed.
Click Finish to exit the wizard.
The Iperius Backup has been updeated successfully to version 7.0.
Iperius Backup is available to download as 30-day trial for testing purposes.