Although vSphere 6.5 has been updated to Update 1 few months ago, a "Mastering" about vSphere 6.5 is currently a missing title from the books catalog.
A giant of virtualization industry Andrea Mauro (blog vInfrastructure.it) was able to transform his idea of writing a "Mastering" of vSphere 6.5 into a real project having a deal with Packt publishing.
Due to the huge work required to complete the writing within the deadline imposed by the publisher (book title and part of the content were not negotiable), Andrea asked Karel Novak, a VCI and VMUG leader from CZ (blog vmware-veeam) and myself to join him for this project. I had the honor and the privilege to be involved in this ambitious adventure and since months we are working really hard to complete the book.
The book will be available at beginning of 2018 (February 2018 as reported by the publisher) with the title Mastering VMware vSphere 6.5.
We are still waiting for the final review approval, but the book target is to provide the following:
- Deep understanding of vSphere 6.5 functionalities
- Design and plan a virtualization environment based on vSphere 6.5
- Manage and administer a vSphere 6.5 environment and resources
- Get tips for the VCP6-DCV and VCIX6-DCV exams (along with use of the vSphere 6 documentation)
- Implement different migration techniques to move your workloads across different environments
- Save the configuration, data and workloads of your virtual infrastructure
- ISBN 139781787286016
- Paperback 475 pages (maybe more)
- The e-book edition can be already pre-ordered on Amazon.
After countless nights spent on this project, we'll see the feedback from readers.