Veeam Veeam Backup & Replication 9.0 Update 2 has been released introducing over 300 enhancements and bug fixes.
Before installing the update make sure you are running version 22.214.171.1242 or 126.96.36.1991.
Several enhancements have been introduced with Update 2. Most significant are the follow:
New platform support
The following products are now supported:
- Cisco HyperFlex HX-Series support for Direct NFS backup mode
- EMC Unity support for Backup from Storage Snapshots and Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots functionality, EMC Data Domain DD OS 5.7 support for DD Boost integration
- ExaGrid 188.8.131.521.P28 is now the minimal ExaGrid firmware version supported
- NetApp Data ONTAP 8.3.2
- VMware vCloud Director 8.10, VMware VSAN 6.2
- Backported a number of isolated Enterprise Scalability enhancements from 9.5 code branch to improve transaction log backup, tape backup and user interface performance
- Updated OpenSSH client to version 7.2
- Improved iSCSI target performance
- iSCSI mount operations are now retried automatically (by default 6 times every 10 seconds). To change the number of retries, create IscsiMountFsCheckRetriesCount (DWORD) registry value under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication key
- To reduce backup server load, Backup Copy jobs targeting shared folder or deduplicating appliance backed repositories with the gateway server setting set to Automatic selection will now start data moves on the mount server associated with the backup repository
- Backup Copy performance should now be more consistent due to preserving backup files cache when the job is switching to idle mode
Microsoft SQL Server
- Improved performance and reduced resource consumption of Microsoft SQL Server transaction log backups
- CAS server can now be forced for Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange via DefaultCASServer (DWORD) registry value under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication key
- Exchange autodiscovery policies order can now be changed for Veeam Explorer for Exchange
- Added ability to restore Oracle databases while preserving certain parameters which are critical to RMAN
Cloud Connect Replication
- Support for Planned Failover functionality with cloud replicas
Veeam Cloud & Service Provider Partners
- Introduced some changes and fixes around rental licensing as well as specific enhancements and bug fixes
Install the update
To proceed with a safe installation, reboot the Veeam server to clear any locks on the Veeam then stop all the Veeam jobs.
Run the installer to start the wizard then click Next.
Click Install to proceed with the installation.
The update is being installed.
When the process has been completed, click Finish to exit the wizard.
Access the Veeam console to update the remote components. Click Next to proceed.
When the components have been upgraded, click Finish to close the window.
After upgrading, your build will be version 184.108.40.2065.
The local Veeam Backup & Replication console is automatically updated at first run.
Additional info can be found in the Release Notes and the update can be downloaded here.