After a long wait, Veeam Backup & Replication v12 has been finally released providing a lot of new and interesting features most administrators will find absolutely useful.
PostgreSQL support for the Veeam configuration DB, direct backup to Object Storage, VeeaMover, Hardened Repository enhancement are only some of the new features introduced in Veeam Backup & Replication v12.
What's new in Veeam Backup & Replication v12
Announced in late 2021 during the annual Veeam Vanguard summit, Veeam v12 has finally seen the light and it's now GA.
The most interesting features can be summarized as follow:
- Configuration DB PostgreSQL support
- Direct backup to Object Storage
- Hardened Repository enhancements
- Scale-out Repository enhancement
- Per-machine backup chains
- Backup Job Health Check
- Backup Copy Job Mirroring vs Prune
- VMs exclusion from backup
- MFA and automatic session logoff
- Veeam CDP enhancements
- Best Practices Analyzer
- Permissions only restore for Windows
- PowerShell enhancements
Veeam v12 posts
To discover what's new in version 12, I already published several blog posts with lots of screenshots and procedure descriptions you may find useful:
- Veeam v12 Sneak Peek: what's new - description of the new features available in version 12
- What's new in Veeam v12 - latest updates - description of the additional new features in Veeam Backup & Replication v12
- Veeam v12: move or copy backups with VeeaMover - how to move or copy backups from different Backup Jobs or Locations
- Veeam v12 Sneak Peek: direct backup to Object Storage - how to save backups to Object Storage without using a Scale-Out Repository
I published also a video in my YouTube channel showing the most interesting features provided by Veeam Backup & Replication v12. Although this video is in Italian, you can enable English subtitles by clicking on the YouTube CC button.
Version 12 doesn't require to change license format and v11 format is absolutely working.
Veeam Backup & Replication v12 is available to download as 30-day free trial.