Vembu released the new BDR Suite 3.9.1, a software backup solution for Hyper-V and VMware platforms now available in three editions Enterprise, Standard, and Free giving the users the option to choose the most suitable version for their business needs.
The introduction of the new Standard Edition, positions Vembu BDR suite as a good solution for SMBs target offering a cost effective backup solution.
Vembu BDR Suite available editions:
- Standard Edition - edition oriented to SMB businesses, provides all basic functional options
- Enterprise Edition - in addition to basic functional options, provides advanced features such as Tape Backup support, VM replication, Persistent boot, advanced GFS retention, etc.
- Free Edition - provides unlimited features up to 3 VMs and backup for unlimited hosts with limited features
Vembu BDR Suite is a complete backup solution that provides all features Administrators may need to protect the business environment.
Main features provided for the VMware platform are the following:
- Agentless VMware Backup
- VM Replication
- CBT technology
- Supports for VMware Virtual Volumes and Virtual SAN
- Hot-Add and SAN transport mode
- Application-Aware image backups
- Granular recovery for Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Active Directory and SharePoint
To compare available editions, a complete comparison page is available at Vembu website.
The new Standard Edition provides all main backup and recovery features to make your environment safe and protected:
- VM backup for VMware and Hyper-V
- Quick VM recovery
- Instant File Recovery
- Instant Granular recovery for Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, and Active Directory
Although Replication, Tape backup, Quick VM recovery and Instant File Recovery capabilities are not available, the new Standard edition ensures an RTO less than 15 minutes providing a built-in compression and deduplication feature to protect business data. The AES-256 encryption algorithm at flight and on rest is used to ensure security.
SMBs have to face quite often budgetary constraints that limit the software choice compromising costs vs features/performance. The introduction of the Standard Edition gives the SMBs a big opportunity to choose a valid backup solution with an affordable price compared with features provided.
An example of prices proposed for the VMware platform.
For SMBs with a virtual environment up to 6 CPU sockets, Vembu offers a flat 50% discount.
You can find a dedicate pricing page at Vembu website to better identify the solution to suite the available budget.
Upgrade to BDR suite 3.9.1
The upgrade procedure is very simple and straightforward. Download from Vembu website the latest BDR suite version and run the installer.
Click Next to begin the installation procedure.
Accept the EULA and click Next.
The installer detects an already installed Vembu BDR suite. Select the Upgrade Now option to perform the product upgrade. Click Next.
Click Install to proceed with the installation.
Vembu BDR Suite is being upgraded.
When the upgrade procedure has completed successfully, leave the two options checked and click Finish to exit the wizard.
Click Yes to reboot server to apply the update.
Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 is now installed in the system.
Additional details about version 3.9.1 can be found in the Release Notes.
Vembu BDR Suite v3.9.1 is available as 30-day trial for testing purposes.